Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hmmmmmm

Welp, I've been kind of run-down lately. After I got back from Arizona, at TRU we had some big wigs coming so I had to bust my ass cleaning and such. At least it got me out of the warehouse and they got some new hires thank God, so maybe I can do my job instead of someone else's for a change.

Worked on the yard today so we can put up Halloween decorations. The year goes so fast. Seems like yesterday I was stocking overnights at TRU.

Saturday I went out with Trixie and we looked for Halloween stuff and hung out. She's my 'adopted' 3rd daughter. Had a pretty good time. Amazingly enough, I didn't buy anything but lunch but I did do some household grocery shopping later. I fucking hate being an adult and responsible. I've avoided it so much of my life. Oh well...

I've been reading the most amazing book I got out of the library. I figured it would be pretty special with Christopher Golden and Mike Mignolia listed as the writers (and it's got Mignolia's illustrations inside) but its even better then I thought. Baltimore, Or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire is the title. It's an alternate history, kind of mix between Victorian Era 'penny dreadfuls' and pulp fiction. During The Great War, Lord Baltimore attacks a creature feasting on the dead in the trenches (himself wounded and left for dead) in France and unleashes a plague upon the world: vampires! It's really good and I've been reading it in snatches here and there, trying to make it last...

What else? We watched the first Halloween episode of Buffy (no clue how many times I've seen it) to get into the mood. Man, I forget how much I miss my weekly Buffy/Angel Tuesdays. Anyone that dislikes Buffy or the Buffyverse, man, they are not worth knowing...

We also watched an episode of Stargate: Atlantis. I was kind of, meh, the first few episodes, but now I'm really enjoying it. Just like 3 and 3/4 seasons to catch up now! Sheesh...

Welp, that's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home